Thursday, April 5, 2012

An Alternate Universe?


Life has been crazy, crazy busy.  When that happens, this blog is one of the things that gets tossed out the window.

The interesting thing right now?  I think I've slipped into an alternate universe.  In this new, alternate reality, I am old.  It's freaky.  We had Jeff and Erin's first wedding shower this last weekend - they also got the keys to their "married people" house on that same day.  So, we went from the shower, to moving things into the house they will begin living in  -  n.e.x.t.  m.o.n.t.h.!  Erin is forcing me to count the days until the wedding now.  I refused for the longest time because it just freaked me out, but it's too close now to ignore it.  I must face facts and get the details taken care of. :)


I am SO excited for them.  We could not be more pleased.  We love Jeff, can't wait to have him as the newest son in this family.  But, honestly, it is so weird.  We went over for an hour or so Tuesday night and helped them begin to unpack and put away the things they will not be using until after the wedding.  Watching my daughter - my baby girl - moving around HER kitchen, deciding where to put things, how they'll best be used.  It's just so surreal.

When did this happen?  How did this happen?  I can so clearly remember her singing her ABCs for all of Dairy Queen at 2 years old; dancing at her first dance recital at four; sleeping in her Beauty and the Beast tent for months because she was, after all, a princess; going to the Daddy/Daughter dance at ten;  crying her heart out at eleven when we moved her from Edmond to Pauls Valley (because we had, in effect, completely ruined her life); meeting this nice young man at thirteen...

God's ways our so much higher than ours.  We had no idea that the move that was certainly going to ruin her life would actually bring her Prince Charming.  She certainly had no idea.

We had so many thoughts, dreams, plans, of how life would work out in raising our children.  Many, many of them did not go as we planned them.  God often has different plans - even when we think we've got the perfect one planned out and prayed over.  Some of the unexpected changes have been painful, some of them have been joyous.

But His ways, His plans, have been so much better.


This alternate reality is a good one.  I'm looking forward to seeing what other plans God is planning to turn upside down for us.



Now back to the craziness...44 days...







1 comment:

  1. Awww I love this! I asked off for the wedding, but there is a benefit going on that night that a lot of people asked off for, so it's a drawing. I hope I get to come and share in all the joy and love!!!

    ReplyDelete