Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 - Upon Further Reflection...Whew!

It almost scares me to stop and consider what this past year has brought. Things that I had never considered.

A sampling:

1. My baby girl is moving away from our home town - a home owner, together with her husband... all grown up. I'm thrilled for them, but sad that she won't be so close, won't be at the same church, won't be just a mile and a half away.

2. I've had to learn to let go this year. I've had to learn to let my kids grow up. To be adults. To accept that they will, on occasion, make decisions I would not make, believe things I do not believe, make choices I would not consider. That. Is. Hard.

3. My baby boy got married! Did not see that one coming! We LOVE his bride and couldn't be happier, but MARRIED, guys! My BABY!

4. Which leads me to another biggie... he's not my baby anymore. A new son entered the picture. I'm 51. And there's a new kid in the house. A teenager. Also a beautiful blessing. But a teenage. boy. Y'all!

5. Other stuff. That I'll not drag out for this tiny part of the world to hear. .. but you have a messy, beautiful life yourself, so I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.

This is too many things.

I'm sure if I took one of those stress evaluations, I'd be off the charts.

But, you know what?

It's good.

It's really, really good.

I started 2014 with wanting to love extravagantly.  You can read it if you want.

I've failed more times than I want to consider, but I've not failed more times than I thought I was capable of as well.

Extravagant.

This last year, with all its twists and turns, has begun to teach me to DO, to BE extravagant. To accept extravagant love - to give extravagant love.

As I review 2014 with a little shock and awe at how much can change in such a brief period of time, I'm still excited. I'm anxious, eager even, to see what 2015 will bring.

Life is good - even when it is hard.

God is good - even when I don't agree or understand.

So....

2015?

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment