Friday, August 12, 2011

Here's My Life

"We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well,"  - I Thess. 2:8

I've been thinking about this verse for several days now.  What does it mean to minister?  to serve?  to be about building the Kingdom of God in this world?

I think this is what it means - if I'm not looking for ways to share my life with those that I minister to, investing myself into others, then it's probably busy work.  Most of it will be ashes on the floor when I stand before God one day (I Cor. 3:10-15).

And there's the kicker.  It's hard to invest my life.  It's much easier to invest my money; even my time and my energy - but to invest my life?  Then I can get hurt, I can be rejected.  It gets messy.  People are messy.  I am messy.

But - I think that's what it means.

So, I'm looking at what I spend my money, time, energy on - to see if I'm investing me - or investing right up to that point that I have to become vulnerable, and then stopping.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment